Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Velux skylight tint/color temperature

Posted by tech_dog (My Page) on
Sat, Mar 19, 11 at 4:33

I've got velux skylights in one room, installed by a contractor a few years ago.

I just added two more velux skylights in another room, and the color temperature of the light coming through is much higher. The color is bluer, as compared to the more amber light of the older skylight. It's also brighter overall.

The new skylights are the laminated glass, a slight upgrade over the tempered glass. I don't have the specs on the older skylight.

Velux doesn't have a lot of info on thier glass options. Does anyone know if the tempered is more amber than the laminated? Is there some other option that may have been applied to the older velux skylight with the more pleasant amber light?

Thanks....

T.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Velux skylight tint/color temperature

Lamination is definitely and option and not the standard.

It is likely that the older unit with the amber hue is tinted or coated with Low-e and is therefore cutting down on the suns radiant heat.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here