Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
junepo

Jeld Wen Siteline EX, Lincoln or Sierra Pacific double pane?

junepo
11 years ago

All windows are aluminum clad and wood inside with divided line. And I plan to use 1 1/8 mullions. But which brand is better: Jeld Wen, Lincoln or Sierra Pacific?

Comments (19)

• millworkman
    11 years ago

Those three are all below average at best in my opinion. Which one is best of this lot, don't really know what to say to that without more information. What type of window and quantity are you using, where your building and what are your expectations of these windows and lastly what your budget is? 1 1/8" muntins (muntins is the correct term as mullion is typically the process of joining units together) do not tell us anything, are these grids, simulated divided light, true divided light?

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    11 years ago

Listen to MWM...he knows wood windows like it is his job (HA!).

No...in all seriousness, MWM knows his stuff when it comes to wood. I would listen to his advice very carefully.

• Blazinj
    9 years ago

Sierra by far- unless it is top of the line Jeld wen- read about the paint finishes.. 30 year warranty on SP- by far the best. Lincoln is so so and the cheap jeldwens are not good.

• millworkman
    9 years ago

Blazinj, you do realize this is a TWO year old post! And Sierra may be the best of those three but it is still a the very bottom of anyone who knows windows list! And trufully top of the line Jeldwen is still a pretty poor window.

This post was edited by millworkman on Fri, Feb 6, 15 at 13:36

• caclausen
    9 years ago

So what manufacturers are good?

• caclausen
    9 years ago

I guess I should have specified. We are looking for a aluminum clad wood window. Considering Jeld-Wen, Sierra Pacific, Anderson E-Series, Weather Guard, Milgard, Windsor.

• caclausen
    9 years ago

We are located in Phoenix so heat/sun is the primary concern.

• PRO
    HomeSealed Exteriors, LLC
    9 years ago

The Andersen E series would be my choice of that group.

• caclausen
    9 years ago

A lot of people in this area use Sierra Pacific. Those of you that don't like them, why? If seems like the u-factor and SHG numbers are pretty good.

• PRO
    9 years ago

Which line is it that you are referring to? It seems as though they carry more than one, including their recent acquisition of Hurd up in this neck of the woods.

• caclausen
    9 years ago

The standard wood/aluminum casement window.

• Steve-o
    7 years ago

I also need advice on this topic. There's mixed reviews everywhere on windows. We are building a new home in western North Carolina and looking at Sierra Pacific double hung, Jeld Wen 2500 double hung and Marvin Integrity all Ultrex (fiberglass) single hung. The Sierra Pacific and JeldWens are aluminum clad wood and seem to be similarly priced. The Marvins are all fiberglass and much less expensive. We want white interiors, so having stain grade wood is not an issue. We also have a bank of four 4'x8' (two sliders/two fixed) , so we are need these to be well-constructed. Any concerns with the Marvin Integrity's? Are there construction or oxidation issues with the fiberglass. Any comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

• millworkman
    7 years ago

Of those 3 choice's it would be the Marvin Integrity all day. I have nothing good to say about Jeldwen or Sierra Pacific. Period Stop.

• PRO
    7 years ago

Of those 3 , the Marvin is the clear winner IMO. That said, you may consider adding another option or two as well. If you aren't concerned about a wood interior, you may want to see a premium vinyl option or two as they will typically outperform that Marvin in every thermal and structural area by a significant margin. I really like Marvin windows for the wood interior options, but again, if that is not important to you, there may be superior choices.

• PRO
    QWD-VA
    7 years ago

Why is your marvin quote single hungs? Just curious..

• Steve-o
    7 years ago

I don't need double hungs and would prefer not to pay the added cost for them. I prefer fewer moving parts and sashes that can break or admit outside air. Unfortunately, neither Jeldwen nor Sierra Pacific offer a single hung. Single hungs seem to be limited to less expensive vinyl windows, though I believe SP offers it in a high end wood window.

• PRO
    QWD-VA
    7 years ago

Its an apples to oranges comparison but I would say not to go with the jeldwen 2500 its basically an old Caradco window roll form aluminum like pella...no sense in paying for sierra pacific even if they offer a single hung..their H3 window might be in line with Marvin Integrity..its really a matter of a aesthetics between those two

• PRO
    toddinmn
    7 years ago

I think you'd be crazy not to consider a good vinyl unit. The all Ultrex is not so pretty in my eyes and I believe it has bad air infiltration numbers the other 2 are what they are.