Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rockybird

Commercial windows/sliders

rockybird
13 years ago

I have 128 linear feet of floor to ceiling glass that needs to be replaced. It is single pane original 1958. About half is 8x8 foot fixed pane, and half are 8x8 foot sliders.

I have quotes from several glass companies for Milgard aluminum, Fleetwood aluminum and Western Windows. Neither Milgard nor Fleetwood will do an 8 x 8 foot pane. The co.'s called other glass co. trying to find someone who will do an 8 x 8 ft. piece. Western will do it but, at a cost of 4100, no warranty. I have 7 of these, and that cost is too prohibitive.

I found a local commercial glass co. who will do it all for a great price. He says his glass pieces are thicker than Milgard and the sliders roll nicely. He also gave me a quote to replace the sliders with 4 foot glass pivot doors and I thought it was fair. His co. builds the product themselves. He offers a 1 yr. warranty, but says if anything goes wrong he will fix it after that. He did a lot of the nice restaurants in town. I really liked him and want to use him. I am a little worried about the warranty and am not sure about not using a big name company. Should I be?

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Schlabach Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars16 Reviews
Franklin County's Reclaimed Wood Professionals