Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Composition of Trim

Posted by Glazed-and-Confused (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 25, 13 at 23:02

Generally, is there a benefit to choosing enamel coated coil vs pvc coated coil for vinyl windows facing filtered sun? (Windows will be new replacement inserts.) What range price difference should one expect for10 DH windows, if any.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Composition of Trim

I prefer the enamel coated trim because of its durability, lack of chalking, and ability to shed dirt.

It is a few bucks more for us but not a huge amount. We specify it as a standard on our end of things but if we were comparing apples to apples, it would probably be $5-10 more per window.

o

PVC coil cost me about $5 a roll more. I Don't charge anything extra for it. it can stay a little cleaner looking and looks like a cleaner product.

o

I completely disagree that the PVC stays cleaner, and in fact that is my only complaint about it. It is a nice look to be sure, but I do get complaints from folks about how the texture collects dirt.

I most often see $5-$10 more per window, and I pay roughly $20 more per roll. There is a lot more waste as well, as it only comes with color on one side, whereas the back side of smooth is typically white and gets used up quickly. That factors into the cost premium as well.

Ultimately from a consumer benefit perspective, there is not a huge difference on way or the other.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here