Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Which hardware?

Posted by eleena (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 9, 13 at 22:53

I saw it discussed and I was sure I bookmarked the thread but cannot find it to save my life. Could you indulge me please?

We went looking for handles and locks for our future new doors today and the salesperson recommended Fusion. It is a good brand, right?

I want ONLY stainless steel. Previously, we bought other finishes from satin nickel (cannot remember the brands, probably, Weiser and Emtek) to Venetian bronze (or something like that) by Baldwin (almost as expensive as the door itself) and all of them are discolored after just a few years - either due to sun exposure or due to (regular) use.

Which are the better brands for hardware?

TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Which hardware?

looks like not much response... I'm afraid that I don't deal often with the brands that would be considered "boutique", or ultra-high end. Typically Schlage and Emtek are very good and serve our clients well.

o

Stainless Steel in any brand will be expensive for certain!

o

Thank you!

Fusion is made by Schlage, as I understand. It is their higher-end line. BTW, it is less expensive than Emtek. Not by much (~$20-$25 a piece) but nevertheless.

If I am paying $$$$ for each door, what is another $100, right? LOL

All the door hardware we bought over the years based on recommendations from the sales people (because we knew nothing about it) now needs to be replaced as I either hate the style or the finish did not hold up. And it was not exactly cheap either. No savings there as it turns out...

This post was edited by eleena on Thu, Feb 14, 13 at 11:21

o

I can't say that I have any bad experiences with schlage hardware. If this is their upper end line, you should be in good shape.

o

Thank you!

I am also looking into Hafele.

I'll post the outcome. :-)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here