Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Okna or Sunrise

Posted by Window_Shopper (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 6, 14 at 19:25

I am debating between the Okna 500 or Sunrise Verde for double hung replacement windows.

In my opinion both are solid products, but relative to performance Okna seems to have a slight advantage. The quote for the Sunrise Verde is less by approximately $80/window.

Here is the question-Sunrise appears to have a slimmer frame, but without the benefit of a side by side comparison it is difficult to judge the aesthetics. This is an important factor in the decision. Any insight would be appreciated. For instance, is the sunrise frame, in fact, slimmer?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Okna or Sunrise

The sunrise frame is " slightly slimmer" but the okna is built better as i sold both okna and sunrise, When the Okna is installed, it is not the least bit bulky. The okna will have better performance numbers and a stronger frame with a stronger sill design.
You should really view the Okna 800 " EnviroStar", its one of the nicest windows in the industry.

o
RE: Okna or Sunrise

Actually the frame width on those two is identical depending on the method of measurement.

If you look at it on the tape measure, they look the same. I used a micrometer one time and I think the Verde was about 1/16" narrower per side.

I would give the definite nod to the 500 in terms of performance. Tighter air numbers, better DP without reinforcement, and better thermal numbers.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here