Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Privacy glass on a bathroom door

Posted by OntarioMom (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 16:13

Hi,

Are there any totol privacy glass options that can be used in a door, that would allow 100% obscurity, but still let in light? If so, which kind of glass?

Thanks,

Carol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Privacy glass on a bathroom door

More obscure = less light. I don't believe it is possible to have 100% obscurity and still let light in. You would just have to take a look at the options that are out there and decide if they are obscure enough for your taste.

o

I like to recommend the Simpson Door site for glass options.

Try this: http://www.simpsondoor.com/door-products/glass-options/

o

+1 on eastbays suggestion but you may want to look at acid etched which is pretty obscure and white in color.

o

I think it depends more on how the door is situated. Does it open into a 'public' hallway? Or into a 'private' bedroom?

How close will the bathroom occupant be to the door? Does it matter if you can tell what they are doing/wearing (or not) from the other side?

o

"Does it matter if you can tell what they are doing/wearing (or not) from the other side?"
LOL

o

Thanks everyone for your input. I like that chart from the Simpsons door website. We would want one of a privacy rating of 10 or 9. The acid etched ones are worth checking out. Dennis, this door would lead to a bathroom. The toilet is a few feet from the door, so yes we need privacy LOL.

Carol

o

It might be too expensive for an interior door, but CGI Windows makes a beautiful French Door with an interlayer that can be white or any color. We have the white interlayer on our front door and it allows so much light through, yet nothing can be seen... lots of privacy.

o

Thanks for the tip, Kay2000. I will look into that brand.

Carol

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here