Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
metzgem

Storm Windows (Mon-Ray?) to fix my Pella Noise Problem?

metzgem
14 years ago

I recently purchased Pella Achitect windows for my house. Having read this forum recently I know there are many Pella skeptics out there, but they are in now, so what's done is done! These replaced 25 year old builder's windows with storm windows. I live near a busy street and now the street noise, which I didn't hear too much before is almost unbearable. The Pella rep looked into the situation and told me that there isn't much Pella can do about it, short of pulling out the windows and putting in huricane windows, at significant cost to me.

Now I'm looking into installing storm windows and trying not to make another mistake. I'm considering three options: 1) Man-Ray Storm windws (either 3/16 inch clear glass or 1/8 inch lamintated glass). 2) Some time of "sound proof" interior window (from soundproofwindow or citiquite) 3) some kind of interior storm window. Does anyone know anything about Man-Ray products? There are very few references to it that I can find on the web. Any other suggestions you have would be very welcome.

Peggy

Comments (2)