Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I need help!

Posted by alexwoodard (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 8, 06 at 15:41

i'm building a new home on the ocean in southern california and i'm trying to decide between pella architect series, pozzi, andersen 400 series and marvin (seems to be a great window w/ the best quality, but pricey). has anyone had any experiences positive or negative enough with these brands to let me know? i've done a ton of research, but it's overwhelming...

pozzi's price point is the best and my gut says it's a good choice... and i've read alot on this forum about rough experiences with pella. andersen is vinyl-clad, and a dark color will fade in the sun here... i will have coastal finishes on whatever i get, and the pozzi warranty is tough to beat at 20 years interior/exterior.

any help is much appreciated!

alex

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I need help!

Given that you are in CA, aybe you should also consider Anlin. They are a CA oriented product. I have no idea how they compare in price to those you are considering.

o

I'm also looking for windows, in Southern Cal, but 15 miles inland. I've got a quote on pella and on T.M. Cobb, and am very frustrated b/c builder is pushing for a decision and I don't know how to choose. Have you heard anything more on Pella, Pozzi or other windows that helped you make your decision? Have you heard of TM Cobb windows? I saw they had been sued in 2002 for defective windows

o

DO NOT use these guys---they are super expensive and get angry and physical if you dont sign their contract--they are the worst company I have ever dealt with---their guys assaulted me and my wife and threatened to lien my home if I did not pay their extra charges. Use them at your own peril---it is not worth it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here