Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Apex Energy Solution windows

Posted by designhelp (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 28, 12 at 15:33

Does anyone know anything about Apex Series 800 windows. I have an appt with a salesman who wants to make my home a model to include in their marketing literarture and of course give me a fantastic deal on windows.
Has anyone put these windows in their home or know anything about their quality?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Apex Energy Solution windows

Does anyone know anything about Apex Series 800 windows. I have an appt with a salesman who wants to make my home a model to include in their marketing literarture and of course give me a fantastic deal on windows.

Sounds wonderful! How much are they going to pay you for doing this for them???

o

I don't know that company specifically, but based on that tactic: Cancel it. If it is any indication, you are about to be inundated with a high-pressure sales pitch, a bunch of misleading info, and finally an ultra-high price (and subsequent price drops that will still result in a number that is higher than most others). It looks like they sell Alside which is generally not highly regarded, certainly not a premium choice. A quick google search also showed some stuff on ripoffreport.com. One thing that I will say is that they have a really nice looking website... At the very least, I would call them and discuss these concerns prior to having them in your home. In fact, they should be able to give you some ballpark pricing over the phone on what their average replacement install would cost.

o

Thanks for the input. I did cancel the meeting.

o

Let me just reiterate that I do not know how that company operates, just what the "tactic" that you mentioned typically leads to. I would try to learn as much about any company as you can before letting them into your home to avoid a high-pressure pitch. If they won't give you any info by phone or email, then imo, look for somebody that will. There is much to be said for transparency and how it relates to the ethics of a given business.

o

You dodged a bullet....trust us.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here