Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Polaris ThermalWeld, Sunrise Windows Or Excalibur Alside

Posted by Bonnie1234_ (My Page) on
Fri, Feb 22, 13 at 14:33

My house was built in 1969 and still have the original aluminum windows (brrrrrr). I would love to hear feed back on these three windows. Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Polaris ThermalWeld, Sunrise Windows Or Excalibur Alside

As long as its not the sunrise essentials, I would go with sunrise. The Excalibur is known as a " bottom of the barrel" product and not recommended.

o

Sunrise and Polaris, then a big step down to the other choice.

o

+2

Depends on the model Sunrise but it and the Polaris window are squarely in positions 1 and 2.

o

Yep. Depending on model, the Sunrise and Polaris are good or great. The Excalibur is not in the same ballpark, maybe even zip code.

o

My house was built in 1974 and after some research we decided to go with 9 double hung polaris ultraweld. I do not know about the other two. We just ordered them and they will be installed sometime next month. Polaris makes a good quality window at a reasonable price.

o

Good choice Mary. Pricing will vary by dealer, so that statement may be true in some cases but not others. Either way, the ultraweld and its .01 AI rating is very good.

o

Really good choice.

That UltraWeld is a built like a tank.

o

Is the Polaris ThermalWeld and Ultraweld the same window or different series?

o

Different. The thermal is a bit leakier than the ultra. I prefer the ultra as a upper tier choice.

o

The ultra weld is a more solid extrusion , its Polaris' top offering.

o

+1

The ThermalWeld is still as good as most folks middle grade offering but the UltraWeld is on par with the premium windows out there today.

o

Just an update post- we had our 9 double hung polaris ultraweld windows installed last week and they are awesome!

o

Good follow up.

Post up some pictures if you get a chance.

o

Good choice, definitely post some pictures!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here