Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Milgard window scratch

Posted by marstar (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 26, 12 at 14:11

My long time housekeeper who just added a new window cleaning guy to her team left several scratches on my brand new Milgard thermal window in my living room. Is there anything I can do to repair it? The scratches are all right smack in the middle too, the view out this window is so nice but now I cant look past these scratches, its so upsetting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Milgard window scratch

You can replace them and bill her for it. We are installing a few pieces of glass next week for the very same reason. There are some glass buffing compounds out there (I've used one called Rare Earth), but if the scratch is deep enough to feel with your fingernail, you'll end up with distortion in the glass even if you are able to buff it out.

o

I agree with HomeSealed. I have never had success getting scratches out of glass, & i have tried everything. It will cost you less money to replace the glass, than to hire a Pro with a buffer. Good Luck! P.S--wish i had a dollar for every piece of glass i have seen Ruined with a dull razor blade!

o

+1

What type of window was it?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here