Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anderson Vs Marvin Windows

Posted by JonK8id (My Page) on
Sun, Feb 24, 13 at 13:45

I need immediate help in choosing windows. We are purchasing 41 windows for our home. We are renovating an old colonial and building an addition. Here are our requirements : 6 over 6, simulated divided lights, pine interior, white exterior with low e glass, and the tilt option. Our contractor gave us quotes for Anderson A series, and Marvin clad ultimate double hung windows which matched the Anderson price. Are these two windows comparable? Every dealer we go to gives us different prices and different recommendations. Any comments will be appreciated!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anderson Vs Marvin Windows

Same price, no question in my mind. Marvins are the much better choice!!

o

So the Anderson A-Series and Marvin Ultimate Clad are comparable windows? I just want to be sure I'm getting the best window for the dollar!

o

I do not feel they are that close at all, while the Andersen is not a bad product Marvin Ultimates are about the best wood window on the market.

o

Thanks for the quick feedback. Looks like we are heading down the Marvin path!

o

I would agree with MWM. The Andersen is nice, but the Marvin is better IMO. At the same price, I'd choose the Marvin 100 out of 100 times.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here