Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Provia entry doors

Posted by pankhi (My Page) on
Thu, Feb 5, 09 at 12:50

Hello,
I have had several installers give me estimates for my homes 2 entry doors. All of the installers who recommended Provia, preferred the Provia steel door over the Provia fiberglass door. I have read about the general advantages of a steel vs. fiberglass door. Why are the installers recommending a steel door over a fiberglass door -seems to me the fiberglass is better because it won't dent, rust, or need maintenance (steel will need some caring). Additionally, some of the installers said that the fiberglass Provia door isn't great and that if I want a fiberglass door I should go with another brand. Is there such a big difference between the Provia steel and Provia fiberglass door? I want a blue colored door so the wood grain advantage of fiberglass is not an issue for me. Regarding the weather the doors have to deal with, I live in the Washington D.C. area. Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Provia entry doors

I have used them with success. I am not sure why your installers do not like them but it only takes one bad experience to ruin an installers opinion of a product.

The two most regularly used doors are Provia/Precision and Therma-Tru. If you go with either one of those, you can't really go wrong.

o

Thank you windowsonwashington for your reply.

o

My company sells Provia and our installers tell me they love the fiberglass doors. Something must have happened along the line to make them feel that way but from everything I've heard they are great doors- both fiberglass and steel.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here