Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Water seeping in from French Door...HELP!

Posted by goindimon (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 20, 12 at 11:43

Hi, thanks in advance to all that reply to this posting.

I have a French Door where water is leaking in at the sill of the door. I recently had pavers install right outside the doors and every time it rains hard water gets into the house. I could really use some direction on how to fix this issue. Do I need flashing outside, what kind? How wide etc.

Here are pics that may help:
http://www.flickr.com/x/t/0095009/photos/12401444@N08/sets/72157629403233461/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Water seeping in from French Door...HELP!

Th paver's are installed incorrectly, the way they are installed you will never stop water from coming in. Double Doors are inherently bad at sealing to begin with and any type of deck or patio needs to be set with a step down from the door unit. The water sits on the paver's and the sill since it is the same level(weeps don't work) and the wind pushes the water directly into the house. the step down needs to be a good two inches so this does not happen. Even without any wind the water pools and sits, it has to run off somewhere and the interior of our house has become the path of least resistance.

o

What Mill Said.

I'd be worried about water seaping into the floor under the wall in all the other places. When it rains hard all the water is going to backup against the house. Even with flashing it could start seeping in.

o

Wowsers...?!?!

So much for excavating to get your compaction base.

Patio needs to come out for certain of you need to pull the door and try to build it up.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here