Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
ThermaTru style question

Posted by eleena (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 5, 13 at 10:19

One last question before I order.

ThermaTru offers three styles in Smooth-Star for full view doors:

Flush-glazed, flush, and W/ Stile Lines.

I like the looks of flush-glazed but it does not allow to replace the glass, if broken, one needs to change the entire door (which is a big minus to me).

The one with stile lines (if I am not mistaken) looks very traditional. I am hoping that "flush" is more more contemporary but I have never seen it and nobody has it in stock around here. In fact, the dealer has never heard of it. I searched the TT website high and low and couldn't find a decent picture.

Could you give me some pointers what it looks like? Are there pix of any other doors that look similar?

TIA!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: ThermaTru style question

The flush glazed is very nice and offers a more realistic look, as there is no "surround" that protrudes from the surface of the door. What I find however in dealing with clients is that most of them have grown accustomed to that look, so they'd rather save a few buck.

o
RE: ThermaTru style question

OK, after spending a long time on the phone, I figured out that "stiles" have nothing to do with the "glass surround" but imitate the look of a 4-piece door (well, unless it is wrong again, like what I was told yesterday).

HomeSealed,

I absolutely *hate* that round moulding around the glass and I am not trying to save "a few bucks" but I don't like the idea of having to replace the entire door should something happen to the glass. That is a lot more than a "few" bucks, isn't it? :-)

And who can guarantee that ThermaTru will even have the same door in the same size in the future? I have just read a discussion on another forum of someone needed to replace the glass.

So, is there a (sort of) discrete "glass surround"?

If not, I would go with flush-glazed b/c I cannot stand that wide "moulding".

Thank you!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here