Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Glass Block Window repair

Posted by cactusdar (My Page) on
Wed, Feb 20, 13 at 10:19

My husband and I have a vent like opening in our glass block bathroom window. It is the measurement of four of the glass blocks and looks like it was cemented in when the glass blocks were placed in to make the window. It is realy old and lets in a lot of air even when shut. I was wondering how hard it would be for my husband and I to replace it ourselves to save money. I was thinking I would knock it out, purchase a new vent window, and place it in with spacers and then recement. Any advise would be great. (I even thought about repacing it with just glass blocks because we will be intalling a bathroom fan to vent to the outside for the first time.) What do you think???? THANKS

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Glass Block Window repair

You can replace it with new glass block or there are some manufacturers that make operable glass block windows.

Glass block is not harder than setting tile so it is pretty straightforward if your DIY - DIWoW skills are good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here