Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Are my new windows really Thermal Industries?

Posted by scot1313 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 23, 13 at 10:08

About two weeks ago, I had two large sliders with a fixed picture window in the center and two double hung windows installed. All were made by Thermal Industries. However, after noticing more than expected wind infiltration coming in at the corner base of the sliders where it meets the center fixed window, I observed that the insulating glass appeared to be only about 1/2 inch or maybe 5/8 at best, rather than the 13/16 inch I had expected. This 1/2 to 5/8 inch or so was the same for the double hung. I also noticed that both sliders did not have a safety latch feature that pops out to allow the windows to open only a few inches for ventilation, which it states on the website that they should have. When I look at the Thermal Industries website it also indicates that none of their sliders have glass less than 13/16 inches and none of the double hungs are less than 3/4 inch. Can anyone with dealings with Thermal Industries make sense of this? Did I get windows that TI manufactures but doesn't even list on their website, or is it possible I got a window that isn't even a Thermal Industries window. The dealer seems reputable, but I have no history with the company to know for sure.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Are my new windows really Thermal Industries?

Can you post a pic? Your description sounds just about right though, lol. TI does not have top level air infiltration ratings.

o

Are you sure the window is a TI window?

Do you have the NFRC label from the window?

TI would not lie about the glass spacing and it is likely that you might have gotten the incorrect glass or another window substituted.

o

I don't have the label windowswashington, and yes, my concern is that I may have had a window substituted. Karateguy...I'll post a picture tomorrow...too dark right now. Thanks.

o

Karateguy: Here is a picture showing the spacing of the insulated glass on the slider. The spacing of the glass is the same for the double hungs. Let me know if you need any specific pics and I'll take more. Thanks for your help.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here