Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Entry door - Therma Tru vs Masonite

Posted by lkgarn00 (My Page) on
Mon, Feb 18, 13 at 10:03

Hello everyone.

We are at the point of picking out entry doors. Currently it is between the Therma-Tru and Masonite doors.

I have gone through many posts on this site and it appears that the Therma-Tru door is thought of to be better in quality than the Masonite. However, I like the Masonite door colors/glass better than what the Therma-Tru offers. The price difference between the two doors is about 1K

We are looking at the new Avant Guard finish that Masonite provides - and I understand that Therma Tru does not factory finish their doors. Does anyone have any experience with the quality of the Avant Guard finish? It certainly looked nice at the store.

We have not been able to visit the store that has the Provia doors -but I am thinking they will be out of our price range.

Any thoughts of the overall quality of the Avant Guard finish vs the Therma-Tru doors?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Entry door - Therma Tru vs Masonite

In my opinion the quality of the Masonite is such that I would stay clear no matter what the finish.

o
RE: Entry door - Therma Tru vs Masonite

Thermatru does not finish their own doors, however the majority of vendors that sell them do have a factory finish available. The doors are generally finished and assembled by a third party distributor.
TT would be my choice of the two.
I would also definitely check out the options from Provia and HomeGuard. Very nice units, and the pricing is going to vary from dealer to dealer so you never know.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here