Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
"Custom" Andersen windows

Posted by xyz10 (My Page) on
Sat, Feb 16, 13 at 7:37

Is there product line within Andersen that has an upcharge to get tilt-in feature for double hung windows ? Looking at a new home and was told the feature is 150 dollars extra for each double hung window. Rep/Agent said these windows are not the basic 200 or 400 series windows, which has them as a standard feature..

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: "Custom" Andersen windows

The wording of your post is somewhat confusing.
I believe the AW 200 or 400 series are NOT a tilt window but can be re-sashed to be very similar to their tilt-wash units. I would expect to pay more than $150. per kit to do so.
None of what I talking about here is custom, nor should that be necessary in any way if I understand you question correctly.

o

Andersen 400 do have the tilt upper sash on the double hung from what I've seen. I'm about to replace 20 windows, many of which will be large double hung 400 Series. I'm using the Woodwright model in the 400 Series. The other double hung are I believe specifically called Tilt-Wash. The Woodwright has more wood in areas and is a little more 'vintage' looking. More along the A Series of Andersen windows.

Its all very confusing - I'm shopping in the Canadian market so there may be differences.

o

I rarely deal with Andersen, but that would be pretty ridiculous if it is the case. Tilt in sashes are pretty much standard on any double hung window in recent years.

o

The only window I have seen from Anderson that does not tilt in is the 100 series,This window is a single-hung and not a double though.

o

Both the Andersen 200 and 400 Series Double Hungs for new construction tilt in for cleaning. Non-tilting windows from Andersen are the 100 series single hung and the Narrowline double which they stopped manufacturing earlier this year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here