Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Can someone explain the differences?

Posted by pjs755 (My Page) on
Tue, Feb 12, 13 at 6:24

Can someone explain this in a way that not only I will understand, but that I can then explain to the higher authority in my life? (IF you have to ask you're not married)

Exterior trim:
Full capping;$60@
Aluminum Stop trim with wood stops:$40@
Aluminum stop trim only:$20@

Paul

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Can someone explain the differences?

The full capping covers the small stops and face trim ( most likely brick mold) all in one piece and gives the entire opening a nice, finished look. The other two options would just consist of an "L" shaped piece of metal right next to the window to cover the blind stop (or where it was cut off). The face trim is left untouched, whether it is currently capped or not. The difference between the last two options is that one gets new wood stops behind it ( preferred), while the cheapest option just floats the aluminum.... Does that explanation help?

o

Paul,

+1 to HomeSealed's answer.

Get the full capping. You will be happy you did.

o

Their pricing tier favors the full capping, looks like this is the way the contractor wants to as well.

o

Shame your about to choose a contractor who can't explain this to you. Beware!

o

Jump, the OP never said he was "about to choose a contractor who can't explain this"

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here