Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
American Dream or Avalon windows?

Posted by micahjo (My Page) on
Sat, Jan 13, 07 at 23:29

Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge about American Dream or Avalon windows?

They were both suggested to me as quality, energy-efficient windows that are significantly more affordable than the "big name brands" (Pella, Anderson, Marvin, etc.)

Doug Rye (the energy-saving guru) apparently promotes American Dream. But that's all I know. Anyone out there with any more information or experience with either of these companies?

Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: American Dream or Avalon windows?

Any follow up on this? I need to replace some windows and these are being quoted. Never heard of them before

Steve

o

I did post an informative response but it was deleted for some reason.

Good luck.

o

Thanks,

Wonder why but the sales rep just left. We are going to pass. The windows were made wither by American Dream or their own new factory in Sacramento (K-Designers. The sliding doors they offered were made by Milgard and we were not impressed. Aluminum seals and I think we are going to have to stick with wood. The exterior siding of the house is dark redwood (located in Pebble Beach Ca.) and if I go with a vinyl, the siding will have to go. I'm not sure I want to go that far...

Sigh, wish this was easy

o

Dont know anything about Avalon, but American Dream are way over priced. We were promised a savings on our electric bill, and that never happened. Way too much money spent on this!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here