Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flaamy

Windowsonwashington, Skydawggy, others please advise

flaamy
10 years ago

I really need input to help me make a decision for a replacement sliding door (72"X80") for my kitchen in Florida. Impact glass is not required in my location. The options I found so far are detailed below. Do I have a winning option here? I am leaning toward the Simonton but I was surprised that the quote was lower than the others and became concerned that its lower price reflected lower quality, longevity and storm strength. So please help, I really appreciate your insight and input.

Simonton Reflections vinyl sliding patio door with coastal hardware package, outside keyed lock, foot lock, Low e/366 glass package.Door to be installed using stainless steel fasteners, all gaps filled with foam and sealed with lifetime sealant. Quoted $1500.

Custom Window Systems -SERIES 8900 SLIDING GLASS DOOR, WHITE , VINYL CONSTRUCTION / DP +60/-60,STAINLESS STEEL SALTWATER PACKAGE, STAINLESS STEEL DOUBLE LOCK,INSULATED LAMINATED GLASS,LOW E 270. Quoted $2900 for impact glass and $2700 for non-impact glass installed.

Neuma gliding fiberglass, flush glaze low E glass door and vinyl frame. Full installation and removal of applicable casing and trim. Quoted $2900 installed.

Jeld Wen Premium Atlantic Vinyl. Low e 366 glass, coastal package. DP rating 50. Quoted $1600 installed.

PGT vinyl framed (steel inside) sliding door. low e glass No details provided. Terrible salesperson, sub of Costco. Quoted $3200 installed.

Comments (5)