Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marvin Ultimate Weatherstripping Color

Posted by Jimmy27 (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 24, 12 at 22:05

My 70 Marvin Ultimate Casement windows arrived this week and 50% have been installed. They are the Bahama Brown color to match the existing exterior casing in a 1910 tudor. We arrived this week to inspect the work.

The problem is, they have BEIGE weatherstripping. It looks terrible with a light-colored rectangle around each window.

Question: Are these windows available with a dark or black weatherstripping?

If they are available, shouldn't the rep have known this and advised us of this?
What recourse do we have at this time?

Can they be replaced at this point? Can they be darkened in any way?

Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marvin Ultimate Weatherstripping Color

Considering that you should have a full screen going on the exterior, it shouldn't be noticeable. The beige matches more interior stain finishes better and that is why they choose that color.

o

They are all casements, so the screens are on the inside of the windows.

o

I am 99% Marvin does make a bronze or dark brown colored weatherstrip. You would have to purchase the product and pay to have it installed at this point because of the fact that the original order was more than likely placed with the beige as a default choice. The windows from what I can remember can be ordered with the different color weatherstrip but it must be selected on order entry in the Marvin computer program.

o

Millworkman is 100% correct. Beige is the default weatherstrip. Black is an option. The question should have been asked or was merely passed over. It can be replaced in the field.

o

Thank you, I will look into it further with the rep.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here