Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lacy05

Great Lakes Uniframe Windows and OKNA 500

lacy05
14 years ago

I live in Northeastern PA. We have 12 double hungs windows that need replacing. My original windows are Anderson wood windows with the plastic jambs. We received a few quotes from a couple different window companies in the area. I'm looking for a basic white/white vinyl window with no grids.

The first quote we received was for the OKNA 500 Series, double pane for $5,940.00 It seems like a good vinyl window. It comes with a foam filled frame and sash.

The second quote was for the Great Lakes Uniframe, triple pane with argon for $6,756.00 The Uniframe comes also with a foam filled frame and sash. The sash also has a fiberglass rail through it.

Comparing the both the Uniframe looks like a very well built window. The OKNA 500 looks like a typical vinyl window nothing to special about it, looks a little cheap to me.

I check reference on both of the companies and they checked out good. Past customers were happy with the installs.

I also looked at the manufactures and OKNA seems to be a little smaller then Great Lakes which is owned by Plygem.

For the window experts on the board which window would you choose?

Thanks

Lacy

Comments (5)