Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quote on Vanguard Windows

Posted by bpChiIl (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 8, 14 at 20:08

I live in the Chicagoland area and have received a quote to replace 3 DH windows with grids -the windows are 31 x 72.

The price I received was $892/window installed. Is this a fair price or should I be considering Okna's 500 Series?

Thanks.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quote on Vanguard Windows

Excellent price and a very good window.

o

It is a good window, no question. Price can depend on several factors. I actually prefer the okna, so at the very least I'd get a competitive quote on that product.

o

+1

The Vanguard is a well built and reviewed window.

The Okna is certainly a competent product and worthy of comparison.

What are the installation details?

o

Both are excellent windows, I'd get a quote on each and see which you like better. The price is within the normal range, the install detail and option content would determine where it falls in that spectrum.

o

WOW - the install is just a basic white on white DH with the grids.

Just received a conceptual quote for the OKNA 500 at $570/window and the 800 for $100 more per window.

I have yet to see a tangible product sample of either of the 500 or 800. Based on price alone it looks as though the OKNA is the leader over the Vanguard. Final decision will come down to appearance of the OKNA versus the Sunrise.

o

That is a steal on the 800 and that would be my choice.

I think you will like the looks too. It is a bit thicker than the Vanguard frame but the strength that comes with that is a great addition.

o

+1. The Okna 500 bests the Vanguard in every measurable area, so getting the 800 at that price is icing on the cake. It is marginally thicker, but make no mistake it is still one of the more narrow-lined options on the market. Beautiful window with the metal handles and detail.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here