Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jdez1

Weatherbarr Windows

jdez
10 years ago

I had a $2500 budget for 11 windows. The builder had us lined up with Ply Gem. I went ahead and nixed that when the salesman told me "a window is a window" when I asked about warranty, efficiency, etc. They might have been great windows but the salesman was horrible and they only had like a one year warranty or maybe 3 year, I don't remember. So, I went over budget by only $800 and ordered Weatherbarr windows from an independent window retailer. I could not find any info on this company except what was on their website. They have supposedly been around for quite a while and have a lifetime warranty except on the glass and hardware and screen. I hope it was money well spent but even if it wasn't, I left there feeling good about it after being shown the window and having every window part explained to me. I just wanted to tell people out there with limited budgets to go ahead and get quotes on windows you think you can't afford. It might be more within your reach than you think. I'll let you know in a few years how it's working out, hopefully I will be happy.

Comments (4)

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    10 years ago

Good luck.

Be sure the install matches your same level of attention to detail.

Flashing redundancy, spray foamed seal, etc.

• Karateguy
    10 years ago

+1. Good advice from Windows on Washington, and I'd say that your advice jdez is good as well, if not quite as thorough as could be. I think that you are right on track with with advising consumers to explore other options beside the "builder's special" offered as standard, but a little bit more vetting of the product being considered would not be a bad approach. Not familiar with that product, but it sounds like they are optimized for hot climates being located in AZ?

• jdez
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Windows on Washington - duly noted. Meeting with the builder this week to discuss this. If you feel like any other measures need to be taken, please feel free to share.

Karate guy - Youre right. There were no replies here when I asked if anyone had heard of them. I was given a really high quote at a big box store for Jeldwen ($4400), I could find no dealers of the top suggested brands on this forum and I really had nothing to go on except the word of a salesman. I should have looked into them more but I was a week behind on ordering so I went for it.

• Sandy Curtis
    5 years ago

can we have an update on your windows installed in 2014? thanks