Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Problems with Loewen?

Posted by katy-lou (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 18:34

We have recently received our new Loewen patio door and 4 windows. Upon arrival, we noticed a few issues - the mortises were not done properly and so the hinges were not sitting square/flat within the door - this caused the screw for one of them to damage the edge of the door. The weatherstripping on the top of the door was not installed correctly and damaged the door frame. Also the hardware was all supposed to be ORB - all of the hardware EXCEPT the door handle match. The door handle is labled as "Oil-Rubbed Brass" and is distinctly grey. We have tried working thru the dealer but got some garbage back from Loewen that the hardware is made by different suppliers and will "vary" and with time it will buff to a different finish -- umm it is drastically different. Plus still no word on what they are going to do about the damaged door/frame. Is this typical? Is there someone at Loewen I should try speaking with directly? Neither ourselves or or contractor are happy about this at all. Thanks!

This post was edited by katy-lou on Mon, Jan 28, 13 at 20:08

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Problems with Loewen?

I would call Loewen directly. They, by all accounts, are a solid company and should do right by you.

o

+1 to WoW reply.

o

I received a prompt call back from them and after requesting that they do so they are replacing all of the hardware with a different finish that she said is more consistent across suppliers. Beware of ordering ORB - it will come grey! Not sure exactly how they are going to remediate door yet - but she is calling me back on that one. Glad they are responding - and dealing directly certainly seems to be more productive than thru the dealer.

This post was edited by katy-lou on Tue, Jan 29, 13 at 16:35

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here