Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
hnfrisk_gw

Marvin Ultimate, Marvin Integrity, Anderson Woodwright

hnfrisk
12 years ago

Hi

I did post this on the building forum too but I will take as much advice as I can get!

I thought I had my mind set on Marvin Integrity wood Ultrex because I liked the idea of the fiberglass and the durability, insulation properties.

The quotes I got for the Integrity are 14,000.

I went to look at them, the Ultimate, and the Anderson Woodwright again today and wow the Ultimate was really nice. I liked the thick wood on the jam and how well the tilt worked.

The Woodwright was nice (actually saw the A series too and liked it better than the Woodwright) but I liked the Marvin Ultimate better and it came in with a lower quote:

18,000 for Ultimate

19,000 for the Woodwright

So I guess I would like some insight between the two Marvin's. I like the looks of the Ultimate better but it is 4,000 more.

I've also read some horror stories of aluminum clad so that is on my mind too.

It seems like I'm leaning toward the Ultimates but I want to know I'm making the right decision!

Thanks,

Heather

Comments (11)

• millworkman
    12 years ago

you are definitely making the correct choice i going with the Marvin Ultimates.

• danvirsse
    12 years ago

Marvin windows in general all good. We chose to install Integrity Wood/Ultrex in our home this year and are very happy with them. I've had the Ultimate series in a prior home, and though the aluminum did fade some, they were nice also. Anderson, IMO, is not the same quality window and either of the Marvins.

• HomeSealed
    12 years ago

Ironically, we were just installing some Ultimates today. I honestly think that it is one of, if not the nicest wood interior products available. I'd also mention that most of the stories that you hear about clad exteriors are regarding windows with thin alumunim cladding,as opposed to the thicker, extruded aluminum used by Marvin and others. On the fading, that is more a product of the paint than the exterior material itself. If an exterior will fade, it will do so whether the paint is on metal, fiberglass, or vinyl. Marvin's kynar finish is one of the more durable products out there.
    I know I'm sounding like a Marvin salesman here, but I sell install several other products as well, I just happen to really like the Marvin Ultimate.

• websnooper
    12 years ago

Marvin Ultimate is the nicest, widely available wood window out there in my opinion.

• Adrian Fish
    6 years ago

Heather

Just throwing this in for your consideration. I had a horrible experience with Marvin and their authorized dealer J.F. Johnson Lumber in Maryland. J.F. Johnson Lumber told us they were Marvin "experts" and the Marvin website gives that same impression. Because of this, we let J.F. Johnson Lumber measure our windows. They measured EVERY WINDOW WRONG!!!! Then, they tried to blame it on my contractor. J.F. Johnson Lumber is the WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DONE BUSINESS WITH!!! When I contacted Marvin, their solution was to RESELL ME THE WINDOWS I ALREADY BOUGHT FROM THEIR "EXPERT". I would never do business with Marvin again.

• Adrian Fish
    6 years ago

Yep. Adrian Fish again. Doing what I can to help consumers make educated decisions. No time limits apply. I feel that I have helped many consumers by the feedback I have received. That is what reviews and forums are all about!

• millworkman
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

This isn't a review site and as frienda points out we have heard your side of the story over and over again and in reality you have not proven who is a fault just that you seem to feel you are not in any way shape or form responsible.

• Adrian Fish
    6 years ago

WOW millworkman. So glad you are providing content rules. Can you please let me know who at Houzz gave you that permission or someone at Houzz that can substantiate that I can't pass on my experiences? Thank you in advance for providing that information. Like I said, I have received lots of positive feedback from consumers and contractors because of my letting them know of my experience.

• millworkman
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Very happy for you that you feel you have helped the American people.

• Adrian Fish
    6 years ago

Thank you, millworkman. I feel very good about helping out others.