Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gchahan

Soft-Lite or Preservation... hmmmm

gchahan
14 years ago

We would like to replace our 1985 aluminum windows, 4 sliders, 4 double hung (2 of which we would like to make a picture window), 2 lg trapezoids, 1 sidelite, 1 transom and 3 patio doors. We live in the southeast and have had 4 quotes already from $9,000 to $14,000 for 4 different products. I am on window overload, I read all 67 pages here on the forum and found it to be informative. Does anyone have experience with these two products that we have narrowed it down to - Soft-lite, Elements with dual pane argon with LowE and the Preservation triple pane with argon with LowE. They all have references and are good solid companies. We appreciate any help. Thank you.

Comments (2)

• whaas_5a
    14 years ago

Soft-lite has the better design and better stats...most importantly air infiltration.

I had both companies demostrate, did hours of research and the Elements is a better window especially if they are at the same price point. Now if the preservation was 30% less I may consider.

My other top contendor is Restorations by Sunrise.

From what I gathered if you want a premium window you go Softlite, Restorations or Okna...then there are a bunch in the middle (yet very solid choices) like Simonton and Gorrel.

• gchahan
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you for your input.