Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
imjustagirl_gw

Is anyone familiar with Anlin windows or American Vision Windows?

imjustagirl
18 years ago

We're in SoCal and getting our windows replaced with retrofit windows. We've had many people recommend the company American Vision Windows (out of Simi Valley). Of course, the people making the recommendations know about as much about windows as I do....so I'm not sure what their opinion really means :)

We had the company out today and their product/etc seems really nice, but this is a huge purchase obviously and we want to make sure we're really making the right choice. The price was also slightly higher then other quotes we've recieved, but their product *seems* nicer.

The windows are called Anlin. Is that an okay manufacturer? The window pricing is actually much higher then the other quotes we've recieved, but the installation is cheaper. We have a 2 story house and alot of people (including Lowes) charge extra for the 2nd story, but this quote did not. The price for 9 regular windows (one 90x46, the others much smaller...more like 46x46), 3 small bathroom windows, and 2 small picture windows (so 14 windows total) was $8500. We're also considering replacing our slider with a 'french' slider and the quote for that was $1500.

Oh, BTW, the prices included the 'Low E'.

Any opinions on the company, windows, or pricing?

Comments (22)

• ginny_lynne
    16 years ago

We recently replaced our windows with Anlin and had them installed by American Vision Windows. We highly recommend this company! They are NOT pricy, as previous post indicated. If comparing apples to apples, they are actually quite a bargain. We had another quote for comparable windows, which was $8,000 more than we ended up paying to A.V.W.

• talljr
    16 years ago

Anlin windows perform as well or better than the others and American Vision Windows offered us great customer service and very competitive pricing.

Here is a link that might be useful: their web site

• kl_varn_yahoo_com
    16 years ago

We just had our windows replaced with Anlin vinyl windows this week. A friend of mine had her's done recently and they spoke for themselves. She gave me a card and we had them done in our home by So. Ca. Construction Consultants. We love them! They look so good and are head and shoulders above what our manufactured home came with. I'll be enjoying them for many years to come I'm sure.

• ron_g
    16 years ago

We recently had 17 Anlin windows and 2 sliding patio doors installed by American Vision. The windows are great but follow up service by American Vision could not be any worse. In spite of their advertising claims, they are probably worse than any other company. Their prices are higher than other companies in this business, so you would expect them to provide the best service. It is now 10 weeks since the installation, and we are still waiting for them to fix any of the problems. It was five weeks before anyone would even come out to look at the problems. Who knows whe they will ever do the work. I would recommend the Anlin windows, but get anyone else but American Vision to do the install.

• bryandwp
    16 years ago

I recommend the Simonton windows because they're a national brand with a lifetime warranty unlike Anlin which only has a 10 year labor warranty and no glass breakage warranty or screen warranty. Anlin only has ONE factory and is small compared to Simonton. Take a look at both windows and warranties.

Bryan

• skydawggy
    16 years ago

Simonton does not offer any type of factory labor warranty. All labor warranties on their windows are offered by local dealers and may or may not include repair labor.

Company size is no indication of quality. There are many excellent windows that come out of one factory operations. There are also many poor quality windows that are produced by large manuf.

Installation quality is an important consideration.

• skydawggy
    15 years ago

Bryan

Your information on Simonton isn't exactly correct.

From the Simonton Prism Platinum-West Coast model

"Labor costs are not included under this Warranty and neither Simonton nor its distributors will be responsible for any costs incurred in the removal, replacement, installation or reinstallation of the Prism® by Simonton product or any part thereof, furnished by Simonton under this Warranty".

The Simonton Impressions 7300 and 7500 Warranty seems to disinguish and then exclude labor on parts a purchser is commonly capable of installing themselves such as screens. I would imagine insulation, vent latches and locks would also be excluded.

"Hardware Labor Coverage  Residential
    In general, the Lifetime Limited Warranty of a Residential Warranty Holder does not include the labor cost of installing replacement hardware components that residential property owners are commonly capable of
    installing themselves. Simonton will evaluate special circumstances and requests of Residential Warranty Holders for labor coverage for hardware Simonton Impressions® DoubleÂlifetime Warranty replacement on a case-by-case basis".

On the up side, they do cover repair labor for defects in workmanship for the original purchaser and an additional 10 years on a one time transfer basis.

What's not clear to me is whether they would cover the labor cost of removal and reinstallation of a defective window including trim coil.

I'm an East Coast dealer, what has your experience been with Simonton in these areas?

Here is a link that might be useful: Impressions 7500 Warranty

• vital
    15 years ago

DO NOT EVER DEAL WITH AMERICAN VISION. THIS IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY. THEY DO NOT KEEP THEIR PROMICES, THE PRICES ARE HIGH, TIMEFRAME IS UNBELIEVABLE LONG.

We ordered windows 4 weeks ago for the whole house. We paid with credit card up front to make rush order even faster. Sales guy Brad promised 2-3 weeks and our windows will be installed. At the end of 3rd week we got a phone call that all windows are ready except 3 bay windows, because Anlin don't do bay windows based on our size. OK. We agreed for garden windows instead and for the inconvenience those 3 garden windows could be done in 3 working days and we could have our windows installed at the end of 4th week.

Fine.

At the end of 4th week we called American Vision. The answer was... "We cannot send a crew to install windows because there is nothing to install, not even one window.. We will contact you in another 2 weeks..."

YOU CANNOT BELIEVE HOW SHOCKED WE ARE. SALESPERSON BRAD AND OWNERS OF THE COMPANY DO NOT PICKUP THE PHONE ANYMORE!!!

This story is to keep other honest people OUT from American Vision Windows Unprofessional and Dishonest cruks.

• bryandwp
    15 years ago

We sell Simonton 7300 and 7500 in the Los Angeles area and have never had a problem being reimbursed for us fixing something. We have a tool box filled with locks so we can usually just have someone go swap out the bad part. If we cant figure it out Simonton does send out a tech and has never refused to fix something. I dont know who sells the Prism model. I have never seen a estimate with Prism listed as the window, so it must be a private label thing or something.

Sorry you having trouble with American Vision Windows. They usually are pretty good. If your still having problems contact the Better Business Bureau and California's Contractors Board.

How big are your bay windows?
    Min/Max sizes for bays windows:
    Simonton min size 48" x 25" max size is 144" x 85"
    I dont sell Anlin so I dont know the min & max size.

• talljr1_yahoo_com
    15 years ago

American Vision installed 2 Anlin Sliding Glass Doors in the summer of 2008. They did a great job and I love the product. I wish I could do the rest of the house as well. The sliders work great and block out the heat. I had a recent service issue and Sean Young sent the parts overnight. It was s minor latch issue on the screen so I was able to fix it in a few minutes. I would recommend American Vision Windows and the Anlin product.

• raisashk_yahoo_com
    12 years ago

I tried to replace my patio slider by Anlin door, but the company's price was about 2500, so I used magicservice.com and a contractor called me immediately. I made a reseach that Amerimax is one of the best, so I got the slider for much cheaper. Actually, I received 9 estimations, and the one from American Reliable Windows was the best. Now I have a beautiful slider installed very neatly.

• Shar Eli
    7 years ago

i am so grateful for this post. Im in Los Angeles and have been reaching Anlin vs. others. American Vision windows quoted me 7000K with installation. I hve to go to their warehouse in Simi. I am also looking at Simonton. American Vision Window will not come down on their price for a patio slider door, and three slider windows. Anyone in LA have a more recent experience? Thanks for all the comments by the way!!!

• PRO
    Window1
    7 years ago

Go with the better product, dont just choose a door because its cheaper than the others and try and convince yourself they are all the same. Big mistake, especailly with a patio door.

• Shar Eli
    7 years ago

Which product do you like better??

• Shar Eli
    7 years ago

Went with Anlin Del Mar. Great window, and value. So happy!

• ddavisrn4
    4 years ago

So how is everyone's opinion/review of their Anlin windows now that it's been several years? We're starting to get quotes! Thank you in advance

• reswe3
    3 years ago

I had Anlin Catalina windows installed a few years ago and love them! We are looking at a new addition remodel and wouldn't use anything but them. I believe they are a little more expensive than Milgard but they are worth it. They are easy to clean, very energy efficient and have NO trouble. It seems most people I know who did Milgard have some sort of issues.

• HU-216687593
    3 years ago

Originally purchased the windows from Sierra window concepts. There now out of business I wonder why ? and I have to deal with getting the windows replaced yet again it’s less than 10 years old. Anlin won’t warranty because even though they manufacture the product but it was under SWC band which apparently is a private label brand.

I heard them pitch lifetime warranty transferable lifetime warranty virgin vinyl it’s all false.

• ddavisrn4
    3 years ago

Oh, I'm so sorry

• Jason Muniz
    3 years ago

We absolutely loved working with American Vision Windows! They are simply the best in the business. and Anlin windows are no doubt the top of the market in windows and doors. Had our whole house done with Anlin by American Vision Windows.

• Terri Puetz-Roos
    last month

I just had American Visions replace all my windows and 3 French slider patio doors. I went with Anlin Catalina and Del Mar. They did an excellent job. They were very professional. I highly recommend American Vision Windows and Anlin windows