Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nancyj

Buy Marvin Integrity from remote dealer?

nancyj
10 years ago

I've read a ton in this forum and find the pro's here extremely helpful. I have what might seem like a dumb question, but since I haven't seen it addressed I'll throw it out there...

We're doing an addition and an extensive remodel (tearing down to studs), and installing all new windows. We're leaning heavily towards going with Marvin Integrity. We live in a very HCOL area (suburb of LA) so everything here costs more than elsewhere. Since Marvin Integrity windows seem to be a commodity and my GC will be installing them, I'm thinking of having them priced out by a dealer in a LCOL area.

Would this be a mistake - am I unaware of something that a local dealer could provide vs a remote, less expensive dealer? Would freight kill any savings? I already researched and know the options we want and our architect prepared the window schedule, so it would just be a matter of quoting to our specs.

I do a lot of my purchasing online/remotely so am not sure why windows couldn't be purchased similarly for some cost savings, but since I haven't seen this addressed previously I'm wondering what I'm missing.

Thanks in advance.

Comments (4)