Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bri0822

Simonton window warranty

bri0822
12 years ago

Has anyone had experience dealing with Simonton for warranty issues? I've filed a claim with them for a problem with a new window and they said they would send a rep out to my house, but now they won't schedule the appointment. It's been almost a month since I've filed the claim, and I'm still getting excuses when I call to push them on this. Has anyone had experience with these guys for warranty issues?

Comments (3)

• skydawggy
    12 years ago

Who have you been in contact with, Simonton, a distributor or an installer? What issue are you having with the windows? Simonton generally has excellent C/S.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    12 years ago

+1...whats the issue.

Simonton is usually spot on with this stuff.

Your contractor is your first point of contact in this case.

• bri0822
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes, I first spoke brought back my contactor for two issues with the windows. The first is the latch mechanisms on an awning window; the latch covers are very loose and my contractor was not able to secure them. It looks like some problem with the actual hardware. The second problem is a small leak at the lower left corner of a double-hung window that happens during wind driven rain. My contractor said it looks like the caulk seal is weak at that corner and that a Simonton rep should look at this before we try any other fixes. My contractor is a local carpenter who has done work for me before and he maintains that all windows installed properly. To me, it looks like he's right.

My contractor called the distibutor who initiated the claim with Simonton, and Simonton called me quickly to follow up and provide a claim number. Simonton also agreed that a rep needs to come out and look at the problems I found. That was back on Dec. 23 and the rep still has not even called me to schedule an appointment. When I call to follow up, I'm told the rep will call me soon but he does not.

Overall I'm happy with the windows. I had 20 installed as part of a new siding and windows job. The new windows seem to be performing well aside from the problem I found. At this point I'm getting frustrated because Simonton hasn't even set an appointment to look at these issues.