Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jemcdonald_gw

Earthwise Windows

jemcdonald
11 years ago

Anyone have them installed or heard of them, thoughts?

Comments (10)

• millworkman
    11 years ago

Only thing I will say is after looking at their website is they give you no real data, do not appear to manufacture their own products and appear to be average at best.

• mmarse1
    11 years ago

Earth wise is part of a network of manufacturers. Find out the name of the manufacturer and we can help.
    What state are you in?

• jemcdonald
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Im in CT. This is the distributer I believe is being used. And the link to the windows:

Here is a link that might be useful: Earthwise Info

• mmarse1
    11 years ago

Looks ok on the surface. In Connecticut you do not need Solarban 70, go with Solarban 60 . You want a higher Shgc

• HomeSealed
    11 years ago

Can't speak on that specific manufacturer, but the Deceunink package is very good, and the Earthwise group is made up of companies (small to medium-sized manufacturers) that are generally considered to be very solid.
    Just to add to mmarsel's comments and add further clarification here:
    Earthwise is a network of manufacturers around the country. They all use the Deceuninck window (they purchase the extrusion and then assemble it with some minor differences, varied options, etc). One cool feature is that in addition to whatever warranty you get from the individual manufacturer, the Earthwise group backs it up as well. That means that if your manufacturer should go out of business, the next closest company picks that up.

• millworkman
    11 years ago

ok, I stand corrected and am happy to have this new information at hand.

• mmarse1
    11 years ago

Interesting.. HomeGuard Innovations is a nice window and I believe they are affiliated with Earthwise.

• HomeSealed
    11 years ago

Homeguard is indeed...
    Not necessarily a correction MWM, just added some background. As we all know, you can take a great design and great materials and end up with junk if they are poorly assembled. The assembly falls on each of those individual manufactures, and is the unknown in this equation... I would not expect to find a poor quality manufacturer associated with Earthwise, but again, I can't say. I've never heard of Jim Waters or Orion, or whatever the actual name is.

• jemcdonald
    Original Author
    11 years ago

thanks for the input. sounds like it is a solid product. ill inquire a bit more about the warranty.

• HomeSealed
    11 years ago

You should be pretty set on the warranty given that Earthwise backs it up, I would just do some checking into the manufacturer to insure that they are established and reputable. I believe that Earthwise only consists of 11 or 12 manufacturers, so as I mentioned earlier, I EXPECT that they should be solid. That said, you can never know too much about a company that you are considering investing thousands of dollars with.