Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Best window for Los Angeles? Companies?

Posted by sueb_LA (My Page) on
Thu, Jan 31, 13 at 14:26

My husband and I have began to consider getting the windows replaced in our 1940's home in the Los Angeles - Griffith Park area. We currently have wood single windows and after this frigid winter in socal its time for an upgrade! I have looked into many window brands and right now i like the Anlin based on its appearance and the fact its made in california. We had a company quote us the Anlin I have also viewed milgard and anderson (online). Any other brands i should check into?

As far as a company to install windows, we have only gotten the one quote from a company called SCCCI that we got as a reference from a friend. Has anyone used them, or have any other recommendations in the LA area?

here is the link for sccci and the anlin windows

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Best window for Los Angeles? Companies?

Please try Simonton, Superior, Milgard, Ameimax. All are considered good products here in the LA area. Check Yelp and other like sites for a start, and get a few more estimates.
Good Luck in your project.

o
RE: Best window for Los Angeles? Companies?

We went with Milgards Ultra (Fiberglass line)

I came across a reputable Milgard Dealer in Long Beach. They were on the Milgard website.

http://www.1stwindows.com/

Spoke to the owner Doug Lopez and he is very knowledgable and helpful.
We needed the windows installed north of Los angeles so they couldn't provide installation. They had the best prices I could find. Goodluck!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here