Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
midwestmama_gw

Marvin vs Andersen Vinyl windows

midwestmama
14 years ago

We have decided that we will be using vinyl single hung windows in our house. We are located in Iowa. The builder highly recommends Windsor windows but we have decided against them based on reviews of other people that have them and a big issue, we really want a gothic style window and Windsor doesn't sell these.

Andersen is sold by the same place so would be easy for us to order, and they show a gothic window (online) but it appears to be offered in wood, I am not sure if this also comes in vinyl. There are two windows in the house that would be the gothic. As the one faces the back of the house, depending on how much more it costs, I could consider it being a regular rectangular window too.

I have heard such good reviews on here about Marvin I was considering them too. According to their website I don't see Gothic as an option at all, but their site isn't the easiest for me to navigate, so perhaps I am wrong.

Are Marvin and Andersen comparable? Do you know of any vinyl companies that offer a gothic window? If they are pretty equal, it would be worlds easier for us to go with Andersen since they are through the company our builder already works with, gets a discount, uses installers, etc...

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide...

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Cumberland Custom Homes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Green Residential Builder & Renovator