Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Okna 400, 500 800?

Posted by pjs755 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 25, 13 at 10:00

Hey there,
New member, first post. I've been reading about windows on the forum. We need new windows, and I'm looking hard at Okna. What are the real differences between the three series? The local dealer made it seem the differences were purely cosmetic.

If you had to choose between using 800 series to do half the house, or the 400 series to do the whole house now, which would you choose? Performance and longevity are my primary concerns.

Replacing single pane with triple track storms...

Paul

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Okna 400, 500 800?

I'd choose the 500 ;P ... Seriously, if you are just going white or almond and you don't care about the metal handles, I think that the 500 offers the best bang for the buck. There are some structural differences as you go down the line (look at the DP and AI ratings) due to thinner extrusion, etc, but the 400 is still a very stout unit. If you can't afford to do the whole place with the 500, you still won't go wrong with the 400. It may be Okna's entry level, but it is still in the very upper echelon of vinyl windows. Whichever option you choose, go for the deluxe (DX). Adds foam in the frames and sashes and locking screens on the Dh's.

o

+1

The 500 is my favorite offering and probably the most popular window that we sell, hands down. Great blend of performance and value.

o

PJS755, Are you in fact finding that the Okna 800 is twice the price as the 400, as one might deduce from your "whole house vs half house" description of your decision making? In any case, good luck - Okna is a stellar performer based on my limited research.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here