Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ski6

Window Mart 7000 Series

Brian
9 years ago

Does anyone have any experience with or can give me any information on Window Mart windows? Searching around the web including this site gives me very little. Apparently they are a more regional company out of Arkansas.

http://windowmart.com/7200-Series/

They seem to have reasonable numbers U .28 SGHC .19 VT .44 when optioned with their best LowE glass. Although their AI number isn't the best at .1.

I live in Southern Louisiana so heat and humidity are my biggest weather concerns.

I'm just starting the process of getting various bids on 17 replacement windows for my house which currently has 80s single pane aluminum. This local installer has a very good reputation but I just can't find much info on others experiences with the windows themselves. Same company also gave me a price on Vista Panorama but they were more expensive and the numbers were not as good especially a much worse AI of .2

I have three other companies lined up to give me pricing on other makes as well. Going to be pricing the thermally broken aluminum from Don Young which have an amazing AI although the SHGC and U are not quite as good. Also have another company which will be quoting Wincore. Two other installers also coming out but I do not yet know what they offer as far as manufacturers.

Some of the big names I see mentioned on this board (Oakna, Sunrise) do not seem to have a presence here.

Comments (8)

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    9 years ago

Can't speak intelligently on that window specifically but it looks like it is built okay and the numbers are pretty good for your climate.

On the Aluminum unit, the SHGC and U-Factor will both be a bit different as the Aluminum is more conductive (resultant higher U-Factor) and the profile is narrower which will equal a slightly higher SHGC.

What were the quoted numbers that you got on those two on the Aluminum? I know that Ultra Windows (Randy) has used Don Young a decent bit and likes that window.

• Brian
    Original Author
    9 years ago

The Don Young guy was out this morning but was running late on some other appointments so will be emailing me back the quote on those windows both vinyl and aluminum. He actually also sells the Window Mart windows and says he has been installing more of them over the past couple of years than the DY.

The previous quote I have on the Window Mart 7000 series is $7140. That is for 17 windows. Most are 36x72 but have two smaller pictures and two with arched top.

• mmarse1
    9 years ago

I have no problem with that window.. Seems well made.

• Brian
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Got my Don Young quote back today.

DY 8200 Series SH (Thermal Broken Aluminum U .37 SHGC .21 AI .03) $7435
    DY 6000 Series SH (Vinyl U.27 SHGC .20 AI .16) $6657

This contractor also does the Window Mart Windows which came in as the same price as the other contractor $7140

My hesitation with this guy is he is a much smaller contractor who does mostly patios and screen rooms although he does a fair amount of replacement windows.

Is the DY Aluminum a good option for my climate? I do like the slimmer frames and the very low AI. Seems like the U and SHGC between all 3 of these windows are very close.

This post was edited by Brian2190 on Wed, Jan 28, 15 at 14:52

• Karateguy
    9 years ago

Not familiar with either product, but in general, I'd try to stay away from a company that starts with window and ends with anything like "world, mart, rama, nation, universe, depot, etc". You get the picture. Granted, every company should be judged on its own merit, but I've yet to find a company with a cheesy name/image that offers excellent products and installation.
    The fact that you are researching the purchase tells me that you are concerned with more than just the lowest price.
    Just my 2 cents.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    9 years ago

The Don Young aluminum option is just fine for your climate.

Solid window and at that small spread, it would be my preferred choice in that line up.

• Alam Jan
    5 years ago

Brian, did you go with Window mart brand and how is your experience with them and windows?