Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
idahogal_gw

Has anyone used Cascade brand windows?

idahogal
17 years ago

They are out of Spokane, WA. The prices seem really competetive. Anyone tried them? Thanks!

Comments (11)

• treboys
    17 years ago

We just replaced windows with Cascade and chose them over Jeldwen and Pella. They were less money than Home Depot or Lowes and far better windows. I LOVE them. However, we bought the vinyl and got the almond color - they almost have a greenish tint to them. My DH and I argued over the white vs. almond (he won). They look beautiful from the outside, but I'm having to do a bit of redecorating to blend the interior colors which I hadn't fully thought through. As far as quality, looks, energy efficiency - I couldn't be more pleased!

• netnerdvana
    16 years ago

I have them for my new house. They had to build my bay window not once, Not Twice, *NOT* THREEEEEEEEE TIMES BUT GET THIS ... FOUR TIMES!!!!!! They built the same damn window wrong 3 times. $1200 window X 3 = 3600$. I wonder how they make any money. Anyways my poor bay window still hasn't been installed due to the delays because of the initial screw ups. I was originally going to go with Certainteed. Now I am smacking my self in the head. DOH! I am such an idiot!

• Nattie M
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Bought Cascade windows thru Lowes. i was initially skeptical because i had not heard of this brand before. I bought them because I have 3 large single hung windows at the front of the home and i did not want a full screen. This company could give me what the original window was. I wanted the outside of the window frame to be something other than white and almond. I selected what i thought looked brownish, the rep told me it was olive. It turns out i love it more than i thought would. I did get the windows with energy efficient ability and honestly from the outside the windows appear tinted. I can't tell if it's the green frame color reflecting off the window. Im not sure i like that part, but i Love my new casement windows. I think the house will look great once we complete the front elevation.

• PRO
    Windows on Washington Ltd
    7 years ago

Is the bottom of that flange taped over or is the flange over the tape.

• Tina Huston
    6 years ago

I had these windows installed throughout my new house back in late 2009. They have brown spots all over the inside of the windows between the glass panes because the metal UV coating is breaking down from sun exposure. Now, I have to go through a huge hassle for a warranty claim. I talk to a manager at Cascade, and they do not give a damn. Their mode of operation is to say that's normal and we'll send someone out to replace them. And you can't get glass without the damn UV coating to avoid the problem in the future. Crap company that doesn't give a damn.

• PRO
    6 years ago

Tina,

The Low-e coating is not breaking down from the UV/Sun exposure. What you have is mostly likely a seal failure and the moisture that is entering the sealed IGU is mixing with the Low-e and creating the failure.

That isn't a condemnation of the coating technology but of the glass manufacturer and as it pertains to who assembled and sealed the IGUs.

You can, occasionally, have some "bad Low-e", but the vast, vast, vast majority of failures are the direct result of seal failures and the interaction of water and the Low-e.

Low-e is specifically designed to combat sun exposure and does not fail as a result of that exposure. What you do have is a poorly assembled window in this case.

• Tina Huston
    6 years ago

I appreciate the explanation. I'm still fuming angry as hell with this company. Now, they are assigning me hours worth of administrative tasks to get the warranty honored. I am so damn overwhelmed with everything else that I have to do for my business to take care of my customers, and Cascade windows has no conscience about what their incompetence puts other people through. Windows have been getting made for over a century, now, and they still can't figure it out? I shouldn't have had to deal with this issue in my lifetime. Let's just go back to clear glass and caulk for pete's sake.

• PRO
    6 years ago

Simplicity does make for less technical issues down the road, but I don't want to trade my iPhone for my old flip phone either.

I feel your pain, but this would have happened (i.e. moisture in the panes) with a poorly sealed clear glass unit at some point if the seal is the issue.

The Low-e has failed here and in a vast majority of the cases, it is because of the introduction of moisture (i.e. humidity) into the sealed unit.

There should be a warranty sticker with a serial number on the window that should provide them all the information that they need. Changing out the fixed units is a PITB but swapping out the operable units is pretty easy.

If they provide you with replacement units, that is really all you can ask of a manufacturer. I can't condemn them for that.

Now...if they are turning out a bunch of crap product and it is failing left, right, and center...that is a poor example of quality and execution. That said, we have had bad batches of glass from even the best of suppliers.

Keep us posted and hopefully they don't the process too ponderous. It shouldn't have to be that hard and you are 100% right about that.

• mmossoni
    4 years ago

Windows are junk. My 7 year old home with all new Cascade windows when built are junk. I’ve had to replace 30% of the windows because they cracked or lost seals. Cheap construction. And the service is worse. The service tech won’t replace windows on a second story, only ground lever. No ladders. What? Don’t buy Cascade!,,

• HU-775607633
    last month

I do not recommend. ive had the same window replaced 4x and still soider scratches everywhere and smudges tiu cant get off. another window replaced 3x, fingerprints in between the pain 1-2” scratches on install. other windows in my home replaced due to broken seals, black residue they cant get off. this is a nee build. ive been almost 3 years and they are still working in delivering a quality oroduct. one i just gave up on!