Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Anderson full divided lite grille vs simulated divided lite grill

Posted by jennyzh (My Page) on
Mon, Jan 18, 10 at 1:02

I am construction a new house, which is a traditional look house. My interior designer has picked Anderson 400 window with Prairie A type grille. I am going to order the window next week, but we are struggling between grille option, whether to choose full divided light grille or simulated divided grille. The full divided light grille has spacer between the glass and the simulated divided light grille does not have the spacer in between glass. Of course, FDL looks nicer, and is more expensive. I wonder how much difference people will notice between FDL and SDL. Any experience or advice to share? Thanks in advance!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Anderson full divided lite grille vs simulated divided lite g

I would say go with the muntin grid and not true divide lites. Ive put in almost 200k windows in my day and no one as ever bought the true divided lites. plus depending on the dividers you may have thermal issues...

o

I did the spacer bar on the windows in my house. Once the muttin is 7/8" or thinner I found it to be very easy to see through. On the doors I used 1 1/8" and it is very hard to tell I did not use the spacer bar. If you haven't purchased yet I'd spend the extra and get Woodrights. I think they are a much better window- easier to tilt, no exposed wood on the exterior and no glazing beads.

o

This is an old thread, but I was just looking at these today and thought I would add my 2 cents for anyone else who might stumble across this in the future.

On the patio doors I looked at, the spacer was aluminum/steel/silver colored and was just too noticeable. I can see how you could see through narrower grills (or see odd shadow/light patterns), but I don't think we would do the SDL even if they didn't cost extra.

o

"On the patio doors I looked at, the spacer was aluminum/steel/silver colored and was just too noticeable. I can see how you could see through narrower grills (or see odd shadow/light patterns), but I don't think we would do the SDL even if they didn't cost extra."

You can get that spacer in bronze/black to make it less noticeable from some manufactures. You cannot beat the SDL look.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here