Return to the Windows Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Andersen window won't shut!

Posted by connette (My Page) on
Tue, Jan 20, 09 at 0:25

We have Andersen windows (not replacement ones). I have one window in my living room that will not completely shut so I can lock it. There is a loop in the cord on the side. Can someone tell me how to remedy this? The top window fails to go completely up, which causes the bottom window to not completely close. I was wondering why there was a draft in the living room last week when the temp was 15 below !
Thanks!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Andersen window won't shut!

The string is from a balancer that needs to be replaced. If the window is less then ten years old it is under warranty. If you replace the one, you might as well replace both (one on each side). It can be caused by age, or more frequently someone installs blinds incorrectly and screws right through the balancer. Or an alarm installer drills through it. Or when the molding was installed around your window the contractor nailed through it. There is a sticker on the head jamb stating not to nail within 7 inches from the side jamb.

o

Connette, do your sashes tilt and have latches at the sash tops?

o

My Anderson window opens easily but when you try to close and turn the handle it won't budge. Any advice?

o

see the other post you started, the same questions will apply

o

I'm sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your window. Have you had the opportunity to call the Andersen Service Department? They will be able to diagnose the problem for you and like jocobe mentioned, the Andersen warranty covers non-glass parts up to 10 years.

Andersen Service can be reached at 888-888-7020. They will help you resolve the operation issue that you're having.

Kim
Andersen Customer Service

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Windows Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here