SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gellchom

Solution for high heeled shoes sinking into grass

gellchom
14 years ago

This is going to sound like spam, but it's not -- I have no interest in the company. But I remembered a string here some time ago in which the MOB was trying to figure out how to word an invitation to warn the women that the reception would be out on the grass, so they could plan their shoes accordingly.

I found a product that slips onto the ends of high heels (they have to be very narrow heels) and protects them. They have some sort of special discount for bridal parties.

They come in black and clear, and since you get free shipping if you buy 2 or more pairs, I bought one of each; I figured I could give one to my daughter. Each pair costs about $10, which is about what it costs to repair one shoe one time, so I do think they are well worth it.

They really are good. They were a godsend when we went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago in Florida that had two events where I had to keep walking across grass. I also like them for the neighborhoods in my city with cobblestone streets and for our driveway, which is crushed brick. They don't even look bad; I often just leave the black ones on when I get to my destination, especially if I'm wearing pants. I bought some for a friend's birthday, too, and she seemed pleased.

I also like that they come with a little plastic snap cover, so you can put them in your pocketbook when you remove them without getting everything dirty and having to dig around for them when it's time to go.

There may be other brands, but the ones I got are called "Solemates." You can buy them at their web site.

Here is a link that might be useful: here is the company's web site

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths