Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
wedding at home

Posted by kimm41 (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 11, 05 at 20:09

Hello everyone... I just joined! Well I'm getting married at home Dec. 30. 7:00 ceremony, just my children (12 & 14 yrs. old) each of our parents and my minister. All the X-mas decorations will still be up, lots of candles, wedding cake is ordered (the kids insisted) tuxes sized, outfits bought, my dad as the photographer, champagne glasses, plates etc. bought and I don't want formal flowers, pointsettas and the like are enough. I feel like I'm forgetting something BIG because this has been way too easy and stress free. When does that ever happen? We are having an "open house" party starting at 9:00 for all the people who's noses were somewhat out of joint at not being invited to the ceremony and thats fine but am I missing something here? If anyone has any ideas that could help make this night even more special I'd appreciate them.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: wedding at home

license? LOL

o

haha, we are picking up the licence this afternoon (even that and all of our I.D. etc. is in order). Nope, something is still amiss!

o

Music for either dancing or just playing in the background? NancyLouise

o

What about non-alcoholic drinks and wine? Are you planning on serving hors d'oeuvres or snacks at the party? Do you know where you will get them from? Will they be catered or will you be handling this yourself?

o

Weddings need music, even if it is just instrumental playing on a CD player. And what about the food for the open house? Otherwise, it sounds like a lovely, small holiday wedding that will be relatively stress-free.

o

Hello and thanks everyone...my "to be" is a chef so the food (both the reception and the party) is taken care of. I've bought tons of champagne glasses for toasts and both non-alcoholic bubbly and a case of Henkell (thinking about making a punch too). We are downloading 2-3 hours of love songs to be played up until 9:00 and then anything goes. Maybe its time to relax and enjoy the process now. My first wedding was for everyone else and this is just for us. Guess I'm not used to coming first? haha

o

something that simple *should* be easy. And all the focus will be on the wedding itself, and not the hooplah.

I hope you have a great day.

I'm trying ot think of what you could be forgetting.

Cleaning lady, so you don't have to?

all that's left is for the 12-year-old to get the flu, I suppose. Have people start washing their hands often, LOL!

o

Talley Sue I am a cleaning lady LOL! Guess that jobs mine.
Talked to the kids last night and told them to wash their hands after EVERYTHING they do haha. Got the usual "Oh please Mom".
Spent the last few nights cleaning out the clutter and dust off of everyday life (just like nesting before the babys born), and guess I'll be doing that until "the day". Now the little details like napkins, platters, tableclothes,polishing silver, candle holders etc. is what I have to do. Thank God theres wine LOL!

o

The only thing I can think of is, have it arranged so nothing interrupts your ceremony. No door bell ringing, dog barking, telemarketer ringing the phone off the hook, etc. You may want to designate somebody to run interference for you if something like that happens.

o

It sounds wonderful! I can't think of anything that others haven't mentioned, but have a terrific time.

o

Well the house is cleaning up fine. I've bought new rugs, light fixtures, done some work that was just waiting for a party to justify doing...just working off my nerves LOL!
Its all good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here