Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
bouquet ideas

Posted by froggy05 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 2, 04 at 19:25

I have an appointment made with my florist but I am not sure what i wnat for the bouquets...we are using calla lillies as the theme flower but I am stuck on accents. Our colors are purple and silver...any suggestions?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: bouquet ideas

Calla lillies are so beatiful by themselves. You may want to showcase them by not using other flowers. Instead you could use really lush greens in the bouquet. That will make the lily stand out more.

o

Your florist has speant many years studying bridal bouquets and I'll bet has made a lot...
Why not ask him for suggestions?
Linda C

o

When you go to the florist see how this might look. Just put together a bunch of the lilies and leave the stems a bit longer than ususal. You could have them tied with beautiful satin ribbons of silver and purple. NancyLouise

o

CONGRATULATIONS!

I am using calla lilys as my bouquet, too. Since they are such elegant flowers, they can stand alone. Here is how mine will be arranged: three large callas on one side, staggered with two on the other.

It will be off-white flowers, tied with a 2" wide bow with streamers. It will be turned into a cascade bouquet by adding variagated ivy, extending downward about 24 inches. My florist made up a sample and it is stunning. The groom will wear a boutineer of a single calla, surrounded by ivy. I will use colored callas and ivy for the attendants and tables.

o

I'm seeing a really full rounded bouquet of white baby's breath with sprigs of purple statice popping throughout the bouquet & 1 calla lilly in the center and lots of silver knotted ribbons hanging from the bouquet!

o

Calla lilies don't need anything to add to their beauty other than a ribbon around the stems. Your florist can show you pictures of designs. If you like a clean-lined look, calla lilies are perfect for that.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here