SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lauren870_gw

Surprise Christmas Wedding?! Am I Crazy?!

lauren870
14 years ago

My Fiancee and I have been engaged since February 2009 and have been together for 5 years and have been best friends for 10...we are both 27...

We ALMOST got married in August 2009 but many random roadblocks prevented us from doing so...

I am SO ready to be married to him and we have no pressure from anyone to have a huge wedding, so the thought of eloping has occured to us...

The stress of planning and having a wedding is a little too much for us and nothing is feeling "right"...I am thinking about surprising our families when they all come for Christmas this year with a wedding!

Everyone we would be inviting to our actual wedding is from out of town and the only people that would be here for the surprise x-mas wedding is our close immediate family (not to mention that his sister is my maid of honor and my brother is his best man).

I already have my dress and my Finacee has a nice suit we would just get married at the court house and have a nice dinner afterwards. no frills, easy, cheap and simple...

Part of me is worried that I will regret not having our close friends here for the shindig and that I will miss out on that whole "bride for a day" thing...We have many wonderful friends who have had weddings big and small and all of them say that they would "elope" if they had to do it over again...

Our families are perfectly fine with this and it is really just me wondering if i will regret the big hoopla someday?

Anyone have any words of wisdom or advice?

Comments (9)