SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
imaginus

OT: Formal evening jewelry alternatives?

imaginus
19 years ago

SORRY for the off-topic in advance, and please redirect me if you can.

I know weddings tend to be formal, and I've attended very few formal occasions, so I hoped you might be able to help me with a question of evening attire.

DH and I are off to England, roughhouseing with the hounds and participating in hunts. Apparently, there's a chance we may be asked to an after-party. Of course, I have no idea what to expect (we're the doggy set- not the horsey set, and from Canada) and so I'm planning to bring a sleeveless, scoop-neck navy knit dress that hits just below the knee and some strappy navy satin sandals. Both are quality items. But the scoop neck especially begs for decoration, and I want to avoid fake pearls or a fake flower.

Could I wear a real flower corsage that I buy down there- even a poinsetta (it'll be the last week of November)? I'm 37 years old and want something fun but not goofy, and definitely not fake or pretentious.

Thanks so much- I'm a tech writer and I hang around with engineers and our beagles- I haven't a clue and appreciate any suggestions;-)

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida