Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how much room between round tables needed

Posted by Ninip27 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 15, 05 at 19:59

Hi all
I am using a small hall and am worried about free walking room around table.
Does anyone know how much room I would need between the tables.
Tables are 5' rounds with 10 chairs to a table and I have 8 tables.
The head table will be 8' rectangle.
Thanks in advance.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how much room between round tables needed

My references say that for 60 inch tables, you will need a 10' X 10' chunk of space. However, it is possible you will need a bit more than that. My references also say that a 60" round table will seat 6-8. With 10 people at the table, you will give each person 18" of table space. That is a lot closer than many folks are accustomed to sitting. So, they might be sitting a bit farther from the table than my calculations assume. Ten and a half feet might be a bit better.

o

A 60" table usually seats 8; a 72" table seats 10, so your guests will be very crowded. If you plan to have a buffet or simple light fare, it might work. However, if you plan to have a full sit-down dinner with the tables pre-set with silverware, water goblets, etc. you may not be able to fit 10 people at a table. You will need at least a 10' square for each table to allow room for guests to scoot their chairs in and out from the table. Allow at least 3' between tables. Allow about 2' away from a wall.

o

I do special event decorating and for sure 8 guests to a 60" round table is pretty much max. You can't even fit more than 8 standard banquet sized chairs around an 60" round table (when the chairs are put up to the table).I'm sure your hall would let you stop by and let you see the way it looks when they have another event and you could count the tables that are set up and then get a good idea from there.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here