SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
susan_in_nc

Starting the planning

susan_in_nc
17 years ago

DD is now engaged (or will be by Nov.). Technically the ring isn't on the finger, but they set a date.

Originally I was asked to do it all. I sort of hemmed and hawed, then said I will not do the cake. DD still wanted me to do food at reception and the flowers. OK, will some help, it is do able. And, yes, I do know my limits -- one of the reasons I said no to the cake right off.

Now, I've had some time to check around and I might be able to get a caterer for close to what it would cost me to do all the cooking, prep and rentals. I am still planning to do her flowers and since she has selected a very simple design it is not a problem at all. In fact, I'm trying to get her to fancy things up just a bit.

So, if DD had her 'heart' set on mom's cooking, should I do it? I truly feel that by getting the caterer I'll be able to give her more of my attention. But, could she have asked me to cook so I was out of the way? Really, I am half serious with that question. I know that we want the best value for the money and the budget is very tight.

What would you do?

Comments (10)