Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yet another Wedding Gift ?!?!

Posted by SusieT (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 29, 05 at 12:08

We have been to 6 weddings this year! 4 of them members of our large extended family - it's like they had a meeting and decided to do them all at once!

Needless to say, our budget of formal wear, wedding gifts and hotel stays has been out of sight and if I have stress over what to buy as a wedding gift onc more, I will scream!! OK, it's not THAT bad and I do love my family and friends but this year has been nuts!!

The last gift we bought was an idea we got from a co-worker. A Wedding Website! We gave it to my nephew who got engaged this past summer and they were ecstatic! I wish we'd thought of it sooner.

There are alot of confusing choices out there but we finally settled on WeddingSitesUnlimited.com because the price was good and the sites were quite nice.

No more store shopping, thank goodness!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yet another Wedding Gift ?!?!

IYou registered the day you posted this? I'm hoping you don't have any affiliation w/ that company.

And I have to say, I think that's a weird wedding-gift idea from an aunt.

I have this bias that wedding gifts should be tangible things, or long-lasting in some way. A permanent memento if possible--and NOT a logistical help just for the wedding planning.

Contributing to the honeymoon lets the couple create lasting memories of the trip.

Offering to contribute to some wedding expense (flowers, etc.) is nice, but if i were doing that, I'd STILL be giving them something tangible--less expensive, but still longer lasting than an immediate expense.

I would never give, as my official wedding present, some logistical assistance without first being sure it was really important to the bride & groom (like paying for the photographer would be; frankly, web sites are a luxury)

o

Since that's the only post she made on the entire THS site, I think it's highly likely that it's an advertisement. Cleverly disguised, but still an advert. What an odd job...sign up at forums, and promote your website by pretending to be a regular member. I work in the web development arena myself, and it just seems like a strange way to do advertising.

And I agree, that doesn't seem like a decent wedding present; it's something that will be forgotten about in rapid order, and isn't tangible.

o

Acctually, there are free wedding websites out there for brides. That is what my daughter used.

o

Well, I must admit I feel better about my initial thoughts on this. I too, am pretty convinced that SusieT is a vendor. The free websites that sheilajoyce mentions are great to help brides with their planning - and they are FREE.
I also agree that this is not the kind of heartfelt gift I would choose for a couple. The other thing that strikes me as strange about this is that brides start planning much farther out than when their invitations are mailed - which is usually what triggers one to purchase a wedding gift. Sorry, but I must say I'm convinced this person is a vendor.

o

Heck yeah, SuzieT is a vendor. And would you trust a business to treat you fairly and honestly when they come along and steal advertising like this? What else are they willing to steal? How else are they willing to deceive?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here