Return to the Wedding Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wear a turtleneck sweater to my granddaughter's church wedding?

Posted by susanka (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 17, 11 at 10:13

Hi, everyone. My granddaughter is getting married this week in Atlanta, an early afternoon church wedding. I don't know what her dress is, but her shoes are white and sparkly, so I think it will be fairly formal.

What I'd like to wear is a green turtleneck sweater with a nice jacket over it and a Hermes scarf. Dressy black pants. I can't wear heels, so pants look better on me. What do you think of the turtleneck? Is it too casual for this wedding, or will the scarf and dressy jacket dress it up enough? Temperature will be in the high 60's probably.

Thank you. Silly to be stressing over this, I know.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wear a turtleneck sweater to my granddaughter's church weddin

It sounds fine to me, but if I were you, I'd describe the outfit to the bride or her mother, or the groom's mother, if you are on the groom's side, and ask if it's a good choice.

I'm sure it's fine, but you will be more relaxed if you aren't worrying that you might feel underdressed.

o
RE: Wear a turtleneck sweater to my granddaughter's church weddin

I just heard from the bride's mother that my outfit would be fine. Thanks very much, gellchom, for your advice.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Wedding Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here